top of page

Temporary Visas

Accredited Employer Work Visa

Cafe employee

The Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) is the most common work visa people apply for when entering NZ to work. To apply for an AEWV, an applicant must hold a job offer from a New Zealand employer who is accredited by Immigration New Zealand. Whether it be “renewing” your current work visa or applying for a new work visa, we are here to assist you.

Student Visa


If you want to study at a tertiary level for more than 3 months in New Zealand you will need a student visa. This visa category also relates to children of migrants on temporary visas that wish to attend primary and secondary school in New Zealand. 

Visitor Visa


A visitor visa allows entry to New Zealand for a limited period of time, without the right to study*, work, or reside in New Zealand. *excluding courses of up to 3 months in one calendar year. A visitor visa will always have an expiry date. It is the traveller’s responsibility to comply with any conditions (even if the visa has been issued electronically, rather than in the passport) and to leave by the expiry date (or obtain an extension).  Because it is the most temporary of visas, a visitor visa is often associated with few conditions if the traveller is from “low risk” counties, although travellers from “high risk” regions may find themselves required to apply in advance and meet rigorous standards.

Family (partnership) based Work Visa

Untitled design (68).png

If your partner is a NZ Citizen or Resident, or holds a valid temporary work visa, you could qualify for a work visa based on your relationship. They may be eligible to support you for a partnership based work visa. A partnership based work visa will allow you to live and work for any employer within New Zealand.  If you live with your partner we can provide assistance and representation as to the documents and evidence you will require for a successful and straightforward partnership application. 

Post Study Work Visa

Dunedin Railway

If you have completed a New Zealand qualification and wish to continue to live and work temporarily in New Zealand you may be eligible for a work visa. The length of a post-study work visa can vary depending on the New Zealand qualification you have completed. A work visa may be granted for between 1 - 3 years. 

Residency Visas

Skilled Migrant Category

Untitled design (60).png

The "Skilled Migrant Category" (SMC) is a pathway to residence for people holding skilled job offers from an Accredited New Zealand employer. The "SMC6" is one of the most often used pathway to residence. 

Green List & Highly Paid Category

Untitled design (62).png

From September 2022 people holding job offers in a small number of occupations may apply for residence. Some occupations are a direct pathway to residence while others require a period of two years or longer before applying. To see if you qualify, get in touch now!

Active Investor Plus Visa

Untitled design (65).png

The "Active Investor Plus Category" is a pathway for serious investors. The NZ government wants to attract highly experienced and high-value investors.


You must have at least NZD $15 million or the weighted equivalent in available assets or funds.

Family (partnership) based Residency Visa

Untitled design (63).png

Non-New Zealanders can gain residence in New Zealand on the basis of their relationship with a partner who is a New Zealand Citizen or Resident. But what seems like a simple and obvious policy is not always straightforward. The government expects a couple will be able to document a relationship to a high standard before residence is approved. Proving a genuine relationship to the satisfaction of an immigration officer is complex. To qualify for this category you must have lived together for more than 12 months. 

Permanent Resident Visa

Couple NZ

Have you held a New Zealand Resident visa for 2 years? If so, you may be eligible for New Zealand Permanent Residency. A Permanent Resident visa allows you to be free of any restrictions on leaving and re-entering New Zealand.

New Zealand Citizenship

Treble Cone - Have You Ever - Miles Holden (3).jpg

Once you have been in New Zealand on a residence visa for 5 years, you may qualify to apply for New Zealand citizenship. Get in touch if you want to know more about your journey to the black passport. 

Untitled design (52).png

"Highly recommended Service. Kate is very kind, helpful and genuine. I can't thank enough to Kate for arrange my partner of work visa and student visa for my daughter. She is 100% genuine and understanding. She is a knowledgeable immigration advisor and she knows what to do for your requirement."

Jagath - Rochelle Kitchen

bottom of page